Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The election.


I voted!!! I have to admit I really truly struggled with who to vote for this year. I went back and forth several times, and although I am a registered Republican, Obama got my vote. I like him. Plain and simple. I like him. And for the most part I like what he stands for and what he wants to do. I'm in disagreement with my husband who now thinks this is the beginning of the end, I some how think we will survive, and hopefully be better for it. Now before all my staunch McCain friends and relatives fall off their chairs and disown me. Remember I live in Utah so my vote didn't count (most red state in the nation), and my husband and I cancelled each other's vote anyway. I'm just so amazingly grateful that we live in a country that allows us the opportunity to vote and be a part of this great event.

On a side note... it has also given me hope that ANYONE can become president. I'd gotten to the point that I believed only the mega rich could run and be elected. It's nice to see a Hockey mom and someone from more humble roots be on the ticket!

7 comments:

Krissi said...

That is all the old ladies at work were talking about today. How Obama is a sign that the world is crashing to an end. When I laughed at them that didn't go over to big.:)

Bonnie the Boss said...

Great job on standing up for what you believe.
I stood there at the poll for quite a while still trying to decide.
I will admit that I voted McCain. But I am not completely unhappy about what happened.
McCain is squirrly to me, and I am not too chuffed about Obama's medical or gun plan. So you can see the conflict.

Angie said...

Heather,
If you can believe it, I lean more towards being a (shhhhhh, don't tell anyone) Democrat. Please don't stone me! I too voted for Obama, so my vote didn't count either. My husband and I don't agree on anything political, so we ALWAYS cancel each other out. It's okay though. I will vote either party, it doesn't matter that much to me, but I didn't like most of what McCain said and I didn't like anything that Palin said. Anyway, there's my two cents. Go Obama! Woo hoo! Now if we could just get rid of the governor . . . :)

Heather Bowles said...

Well I agree with you I was really undecided as well. I like a few things from both of them and I disliked other stuff about them both so I tried to reregister because my address had changed and I was to late so I did not get to vote, so I guess in the end I did not have to decided, but I wish I could have.

Nate, Christi, Joshua said...

Okay so I am really the least political person...I hate all the conflict...I know that is a lame excuse, but really it drives me nuts! At school today we had some teachers dress in all black. Someone also sent a mass text that told everyone to dress in all black to mourn the death of our country...REALLY people...come on! I voted McCain but I really don't think it is the end of the world...maybe Obama will even spark some positive change and a little hope!

Chel said...

Hey, glad you left a message on my blog. Bri's cousins' rock. Love your post, great to hear others' having a similar conflict. Luckily, it was easier for me to vote Obama since I'm in a neighborhood where McCain's agenda signaled the end of the world, not Obama's

Jogusboy said...

gotta love sarah palin on snl.

best part of the whole election!!!

FAVORITES

"when we get to the white house we'll get all mavericky in there."

"we'll think what would a maverick do in this situation. and you know, we'll do the right thing."

"Mericeth, i'd like to use one of my lifelines, maybe my phone a friend."

ah, classic.

yeah, it's not the end of the world obama got elected. everyone at school destroyed a hill, pretending it was obama's face.

uncool.

seriously, PEOPLE!!!