Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thank Heavens for the Police!

Constant battle with oldest son..."Put your bike away, put your bike away, it's going to get stolen, put your bike away, I won't buy you another bike if it does, put your bike away..." You get the idea.

Well, when we got home after being gone most of the day yesterday...no bike! He had left it sitting in the carport where it had been for several days and it was no longer there. I felt so bad for Jman. I didn't have to say a word, he knew it was his fault for leaving it out. We searched the neighborhood for it. Then Nate took him to the park and school and looked for it in the pouring rain.

While they were gone I called the police. Not that I thought they would find it, but so it would be on file that it had been stolen.

Anyway, long story short, the fabulous police officer came over asked about the bike, asked if we had serial numbers, (of course we don't have serial numbers I'm not that organized!), got lecture on always keeping serial numbers, talked to someone and said we have it. You just need to come to the police station and identify it!!! I couldn't believe it! He probably said a dozen times, This never happens! This NEVER happens!

I hope Jman learned his lesson, probably not, he says he has, but for today the police are our heroes!!!

5 comments:

Jogusboy said...

Whoa! Awesome story.

hope jman learned his lesson...

Trust me, I know a lot about this age, considering I'm in it!!

and by this time, we learn.

or, i guess one can only hope!!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Oh my heck! I can't believe they found it. Our car was stolen, and the police couldn't find it!
Where exactly is the serial number on a bike?

Bonnie the Boss said...

Ken wants to know how the police got it.

4kidsandcrazy said...

They think someone stole it to go to work. It was found by a Pizza Hut next to a big call center. A Pizza Hut employee called it in and it was our missing bike!

Me, Myself and I said...

Glad it was found! Hope it was a lesson learned.

My across-the-street neighbors also had a bike stolen a few years ago. I just start to think the world is happy, and my surroundings are good... and then I hear stories like this (and Bonnie's car getting stolen too). Then I get all weird again. Ask my hubby, I'm the worst worry-wart.