Thursday, March 5, 2009

Brain Freeze


When was the last time you had the dreaded BRAIN FREEZE? For me it was a couple of hours ago.
I was sitting in Fazoli's with my cute girls having a lovely time eating pasta and bread sticks. I got a strawberry lemon ice to drink. Yummy yummy, when WHAM it hit and it hit hard. My poor girls were panicking Boo kept saying "What's wrong Mom, what's wrong," Roo started crying just staring at me, and I'm just sitting there holding my head trying not to cry. Why? Why do we have them and does any one know of a way to get them to go away faster? Please share the answer to the dreaded brain freeze...

5 comments:

Krissi said...

Put your thumb on the roof of your mouth. Apparently they are caused when the nerve endings on the roof of your mouth experience a dramatic temperature change. It doesn't really happen with heat as much as it does cold. I have no idea why. If you take your thumb to the roof of your mouth it warms up the nerves faster ending the brain freeze. I have no idea why I know this.

Jogusboy said...

put your tongue at the roof of your mouth!!

Heather Bowles said...

I just rub my tounge on the top of my mouth as well. I turn it over though so the little bit warmer side is thouching the top of my mouth.

The VIPs said...

I had no idea there was a remedy for brain freezes, especially one that's so easy, this is going to change my life! : )

Me, Myself and I said...

I've also heard the tongue thing. Whether it works or not... I don't know.

I need cure for the 3-day hiccups. Anything...?