Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Homesickness

Do any of your children suffer from homesickness? It is truly a miserable thing. Last week my kids got to go to their cousin's house for a fun, fun, day. They played video games, watched movies, went miniature golfing, drove go carts, and had pizza; in other words the perfect kid day. Until it was time to go to sleep. Mr. T and Boo went to sleep no problem, Jman, on the other hand, did not. I had to talk to him on the phone for an hour and a half before he could fall asleep and by then it was 11:30.

Not only that, he struggles everywhere!!! Even in his own bed. Last night he waited until I fell asleep and then slipped upstairs and slept in Boo's bed. (She was asleep with me on the couch because she was sick.) I need help! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know he comes by this naturally, I got terribly homesick as a kid, but I still need some advice.

1 comment:

Bonnie the Boss said...

I think some kids just are and some are not. I have no idea what to do. I never had that problem and my kids are the same way. They would sleep at a complete strangers house.
I had cousins who never slept over because they were the same way.