Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Family

Now that I have a few minutes, let me really start now by telling a little about myself and my family.
My oldest son, Jman, is 10 years old. He is very creative, active, and easily distracted. It can take him all day to do a job that should take 10 minutes. But if he wants to, he can accomplish anything. He loves all kinds of sports and is enjoying soccer right now. He likes school, kind of, but hates homework terribly. Yesterday he stayed in from recess to finish his work so he wouldn't have to bring it home. In my world that means you really hate homework.

My next son, Mr. T, is 6 years old. He is terribly bright and breezes through school. When he brought home the first book he was supposed to read, we all had a good laugh because it was so easy. His greatest love is eating. He will put anything in his mouth just for the joy of having it there. After our last big rain he told me he licked his hands after holding worms just to see what it would taste like.

My daughter, Boo, comes next and she is three and thinks she is 16. She is into everything, always. She keeps me on my toes to say the least. Some of my favorites things she has done are; opening 8 yogurts and lining them up across the floor and putting spoons in each of them, or when she hid my mascara in her purse on the way to visit my aunt and when we got there I was pleased to find she had painted her entire face with it, or washing my knifes in the sink, or dumping an entire bag of chocolate chips all over the couch and the entire upstairs. I look forward to this blog to be able to share her exploits with others.

My youngest, Roo, is my 7 month old daughter. She is a go getter. She started rolling over at 2 1/2 months and has been crawling for a couple of weeks now. She knows what she wants when she wants it. Don't try to give her a binky if she wants to nurse, and don't try to have her nurse if she wants a binky. She will let you know loud and clear that that is not the way it is going to be.

My husband is a great guy. He is an accountant and the job fits him perfectly. He loves rules and order and would love to live in a perfectly clean house with perfectly behaved children. Too bad for him. He doesn't get either one. He loves to read and always has a book in his hands. He also loves guns. It is the one thing that will always get him going.


I'm a stay home mom that loves to play! If there is anything fun going on I want to be included. (Which would explain why my husband does not have his perfectly clean house.) I like to scrapbook, read, and be with my family.

Well, that's us in a nutshell. If you're still reading good for you! Hopefully there will be something exciting to tell in the future.

7 comments:

Brewer Bunch said...

Heather -
Welcome to the blogging world!! I should caution you - it gets very addicting (as in - HOLD on to that crazy pose so I can take a picture to blog about it... on random acts that the family does throughout the day!). It is so fun to read about your cute family. Our blog is jerryandjen.blogspot.com Take care and have a great day!
Jen (Petersen) Brewer

Bonnie the Boss said...

Great post!!!!! I think you summed up everyone nicely! Mr. T didn't really lick his hands did he? Ewwww!!! That so sounds like something that would happen at my house.
I am looking forward to reading the expliots of your family.

Heidi said...

hey! where are the pictures?!!! or haven't you figured out how to add them yet? lol

Cami said...

Good hearing from you and about your family updates! Blogging is a good way to get your thoughts and experiences down, without putting them in a journal. Hope all is going well with your family!

Julie said...

Fun stuff! It's nice to have another blog to check - my 5 y-o daughter keeps me updated on who has a new post - she loves the pictures. We are johnandjuliebeth.blogspot.com
Enjoy!

Nate, Christi, Joshua said...

At least he didn't eat the worm!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited to hear all your fun stories! Have fun with your blog!

Me, Myself and I said...

Hello from down the street! Oh man, I love three year olds! Cute kids. We're at jojofam.blogspot.com