Sunday, May 17, 2009

PTA Convention (CELEBRATE CHILDREN)

In case you don't know me very well, I'm heavily involved in our grade school PTA. I've been on the board for several years now and don't see an end any time soon. Lots and lots and lots of hours spent at the school in many different areas, but I secretly love it.

One of the funnest parts of being on the board is PTA convention. Two days one night, no kids, friends, fun, food, motivational speakers, lots of free stuff (this year there was even a $20.00 gift card to Applebees,) and if you are lucky you might even learn something about your new job for next year. I'll be the treasurer. If you know me please don't laugh too loud; my accountant husband has promised to help. (I'll just write the checks.) Anyway, back to the real subject; Convention. If you have never been, I strongly recommend getting involved in PTA just so you can go. It is the BEST!!!

No comments: