Thursday, April 16, 2009

Good times

I'm in charge of the t-shirts for the school play. This wouldn't be that big of a deal if people would just turn in their order forms when they were asked to turn them in, but alas, life can't be that easy.

So instead I get to make daily or 2 or 3 time daily trips to the school to gather forms and get them turned in. On Tuesday it was a big deadline and I had to get the orders in that morning. So I'm at the school with Boo, Roo, and the 15 month old I babysit running around trying to get things done. We headed out into the pouring rain and I hustled to get all three kids in their car seats and tried to stay dry. I hopped in the van and took off. We got some lunch, went to Walmart (it's Jman's birthday and he wanted donuts) and headed back to the school to do the stage crew's orders for shirts.

When I opened the trunk to get out the stroller, no stroller to be found! "Someone stole my stroller!" was my first thought. Then I looked around the parking lot to where I had parked earlier and imagine my surprise to find it sitting in the rain full of water!!!

This means I got to take 3 little ones into the school with nothing to keep them confined. NIGHTMARE! I had to make copies and deliver them to the individual classrooms while trying to heard two babies and a 3 year old along with me. I'm sure we made quite a sight and I felt like I had a truly good work out by the time I was done.

I WANT MY MIND BACK!!! If anyone knows where I left it please let me know. I think it is divided between all my children.

7 comments:

Julie said...

I am on the PTO and frequently need to go make copies and run them around at the school. With my 4 year old and almost 2 year old is it always a comedy! When anyone gives me a crusty look I just smile at them sweetly and give my kids a big hug! Sounds like a fun day!

Heather Bowles said...

That is funny. I am sorry. You are very brave.

I can't handle that kind of stress, that is why I don't volunteer. As soon as my kids are older I will be more than willing to help out.

Krissi said...

It is sorry. No returns it is just one of the many things we give up when we decide to have children.

Lallie said...

Reading this helps me not feel so bad about having no kids yet!!

Brewer Bunch said...

Okay, the no stroller/leaving it out/in the rain is just classic :). I think your mind must be on vacation somewhere with mine!! I have to say, you go way above and beyond with venturing to the school with the kids in tow - that is a feat in and of itself!! I had all 4 kids with me at YW, and I was such a grinch by the time it was over!
Here's to a MUCH needed nap... for the mommy of your crew!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Sounds like a crazy day! If it makes you feel any better I think most mom's feel as though they have lost their minds.
Plus you had a LOT going on!

Julie said...

Hey Heather. Steve needs Ruth's email address. His is spetersen@alpinehomes.com

Would you please email him - or he said he would break my legs - thanks!